AWT Scholarship Criteria
Each year AWT grants a minimum of one award to a high school senior or current college student. Scholarship winner(s) will be selected from among the qualifying applicants who submit their applications by the July 31st deadline. This season’s application submissions are closed.
NOTICE: Not all students who submit an application will receive an award. AWT reserves the right to determine the number of awards granted and the amount of the award granted to approved awardees. Awards are subject to fund raising revenue and approval by the AWT governing board of directors.
Criteria and essay for AWT Scholarship:
- High School Senior or Freshman, Sophomore or Junior in College
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated contribution to increasing diversity in computer science or a technical field of study
- Acceptance to serve as an AWT Student Ambassador for the 2013-2014 academic year, which includes 6 hours per quarter volunteer service at AWT events and functions
Essay (Answer 2 of the 3 questions):
1. Why are you choosing a career in technology?
2. What challenges, if any, do you foresee being a woman in technology?
3. How would receiving the AWT Student Award contribute to your education?
Representation and Release:
By submitting the online application, you represent that the answers and its contents are your original work and does not contain any proprietary information of others.
Further, your submittal of the application shall constitute your authorization for AWT to use, reproduce and publish the essay, and also your name, picture or other likeness in conjunction with such activity.
Acceptance of Applications: February 1 thru July 31 each year.
Starting in Februar, you can submit proof of criteria and answer the Application Question essays via our Submission Application page. You may also email to Hayley Celotto, Director of Scholarships via email address email@example.com
- Review of Applications: June to August
- Award to Student: August
- Congratulations Gathering: Fall Event